In 1946, James Otis (J.O.) and Margot Mudd purchased the property at 606 West Main Street in Bowling Green, Missouri. The building at that time was a large house dating from the 1880s. The exact date of its construction is unknown. The Mudds did extensive remodeling and redecorated the building. They opened the business under the name J.O. Mudd Funeral Home. Later that year, the Mudds purchased Vomund Funeral Home in Silex, Missouri and continued building a rich tradition of personal, caring service to the surrounding area.
After 41 years of service in Bowling Green, J.O. and Margot Mudd sold the funeral home on January 1st, 1987 to the current owners, John and Cathy Veach. Later that year, a third location was opened in Frankford, Missouri. The business was renamed Mudd-Veach Funeral Homes. In 1994, the Silex location was remodeled and expanded. In 1997, a new property in downtown Frankford was acquired. In 2006, the site in Frankford was closed and service to the Frankford area continued through the remodeled facilities in Bowling Green.
In 2004, the property in Bowling Green underwent a major expansion and remodeling project. Renovations and additions included a new chapel equipped with an audio/video projection system, closed-circuit television system, main office, arrangement office and casket display center, handicap accessible restrooms, lounge, and parking expansion. That same year, Ryan Bibb joined as a full-time staff member. Our state-of-the-art facilities and qualified staff allow us to offer personalized options to meet your family's needs. We are committed to continuing the rich tradition of offering personal, professional funeral service.